2020-2021 Pilgrim Play
- Our number one objective is to keep school open so students can learn in-person. Because Pilgrim Play does not align with our current cohorting strategy, we will not be hosting sessions this fall.
- We hope to offer two sessions of Pilgrim Play after the New Year, starting in the winter of 2021. The seasons may look different to keep contact risk at a minimum: possibly volleyball (maybe basketball) in the winter and soccer in the spring.
Athletics in 2020-2021
The MHSAA has released a return-to-play plan that will allow students to play fall sports as traditionally scheduled, beginning on August 12. While the Lansing area remains in Phase 4, training, practices, and games must occur outdoors. Once we move into Phase 5, indoor activity may resume.
The return-to-play follows this progression:
- Play fall sports as scheduled.
- If conditions deem necessary, we will delay the start of some or all fall sports practices and competitions.
- If conditions allow only some sports, we will play the lower risk sports (tennis) with higher risk sports postponed until later in the year.
- If any fall sport is postponed or suspended, we will resume the season using a readjusted calendar that would see the completion of the winter season, followed by the remainder of fall athletics, and finally a spring season that could extend into July 2021.
- The MHSAA will be releasing ongoing COVID-related policies for athletics and those policies will be posted on the school’s website and shared with parents through email communication as they become available.
- Current policies require athletes and coaches to fill out a health questionnaire before coming to school for workouts, monitoring temperatures and continuing to maintain a 6-foot physical distancing space from one another.
- Lansing Christian is committed to following all of the health and safety requirements as mandated by the government, health department and MHSAA to keep our student-athletes and coaches as healthy and safe as possible.
- In the event that we must limit fan attendance at sporting events, the school is working with the NFHS (National Federation of State High School Associations) to secure equipment that would give us the ability to live stream, and record, all games to allow for remote viewing.
MHSAA Physical Forms for Student Athletes
- If the student has a valid physical from the 2019-20 school year (dated on or after April 15, 2019), the requirement for a new physical will be waived.
- Students and their parents will still need to fill out an MHSAA Health Questionnaire.
- Both last year’s valid physical and the Questionnaire will need to be uploaded to our PRIVIT site for clearance to participate.
- If a student does not have a valid physical from the 2019-20 school year, they will need to complete a new MHSAA Physical Form.
|▶ Head of School Letter||▶ Priorities||▶ Health & Safety||▶ Protocols||▶ Health|
|▶ Routines -Elementary||▶ Routines -MS/HS||▶ Remote|
|▶ Social/Emotional||▶ Questions||▶ Resources||▶ Reopening|