In order for our reopening plan to be effective, the entire LCS community must abide by a shared set of expectations. Students and staff who are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 must remain at home unless the symptoms are due to another condition that is clear and documented (i.e. seasonal allergies). In these cases a family must seek prior permission from their Principal, and in consultation with a healthcare professional, for a student to attend school with symptoms.
Parents are required to conduct daily temperature and symptom checks before a student is brought to school. Please notify the elementary or MS/HS office if you forget to check your student’s temperature and they will arrange a staff member to take it.
If a staff member or student has any of the following known symptoms of COVID-19, they will not be able to enter the school:
- Fever greater than 100.0 degrees F or chills
- Cough or sore throat
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- Loss of taste or smell
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
Practicing Good Hygiene at Home
We rely on families to promote the same hygienic practices we will direct students to practice at school, including:
- Coughing or sneezing into your elbow or tissue and washing hands or using hand sanitizer after.
- Washing hands with soap and water for 20 seconds and drying hands with a paper towel.
- Keeping hands away from their nose, mouth and eyes.
- Not sharing personal items, food or drinks.
|▶ Head of School Letter||▶ Priorities||▶ Health & Safety||▶ Protocols||▶ Health|
|▶ Routines -Elementary||▶ Routines -MS/HS||▶ Remote|
|▶ Social/Emotional||▶ Questions||▶ Resources||▶ Reopening|